Electric force microscopy with Dimension 5000 and Nanoscope IV

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
8 Posts
Points 94
ozcarlosa posted on Thu, May 7 2015 1:32 PM

Hi,

I am going to start measures in Electric force microscopy with Dimension 5000 and Nanoscope IV system, but the application note was written for nanoscope IIIa and basic extender. So What I need for EFM with my hardware configuration?. 

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
26 Posts
Points 298
Bruker Employee

The Nanoscope-IV controller has a built in 'extender' which will allow you to do EFM measurements (or KPFM if you are also interested in doing this mode). No need for any extra equipment. On a Dimension5000, the standard (air) tip holder has an electrical connection to the tip, and can be used for EFM.

If a signal access module (SAM) is connected to your instrument, please ensure that all switches are in their 'normal' position. Please email me if you need help in configuring the software (with a reference to the software verison you currently use).

Peter

peter.dewolf@bruker.com

Top 150 Contributor
8 Posts
Points 94

Have the Nanoscope-IV controller lockins amplifier integrated?

Top 25 Contributor
26 Posts
Points 298
Bruker Employee

Yes, the Nanoscope-IV controller has the lock-in amplifiers integrated, and does not need an 'Extender' electornics box, as the Nanoscope-III does.

Peter

Top 150 Contributor
8 Posts
Points 94

Hi Peter

This lock-in amplifiers can be used for piezoresponse force microscopy ?

Thanks.

Top 25 Contributor
26 Posts
Points 298
Bruker Employee

Yes, you should be able to use the internal lock-in for PFM measurements (and also create the required AC+DC voltage).

Regards,

Peter

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments