Peakforce in liquid

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
4 Posts
Points 48
Zhuola posted on Mon, Jul 6 2015 6:05 AM

Hello 

I have used Bruker multimode8 AFM peakforce QNM in air mode to test elastic modulus for the past year and try to move to in liquid these days.  I have seen some published paper using tapping mode in liquid but few in Peakforce mode. If its possible, could anyone suggest me some paper or manual from Bruker to have a look? And also I have some questions  about peakforce in air too.

1. I'm using TAP150A in air, should I change to another especial tip  for in liquid?

2. For reference sample used for calibrating tip radius, should I calibrate tip radius in liquid also? what is the reference sample that usually used for calibrating sample with DMT modulus around 500MPa that in liquid?

3. How to clean the tip and tip chamber after testing in liquid?

4.My samples are sclera tissue with thickness of 5um. should I use special imaging buffer or can I just use distilled water or PBS solution? 

Thank you

Zhuola

• | Post Points: 12

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
62 Posts
Points 660
Verified by Zhuola

Hi Zhuola,

These issues can be directly addressed by our Service team. Can you leave an email address here? Or can you send an email to AFM.Support@bruker.com. You can also call +1 800-873-9750, whoever picks up the phone, he will assist you.

Thanks,

Teddy

• | Post Points: 11
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments