The Nanoscale World

EFM Sample - Picture request

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
42 Posts
Points 485
Bruker Employee
David Durham posted on Wed, May 19 2010 3:11 PM

Hi Everyone,

Is there an image out there that shows what our EFM test sample should look like when imaged correctly?  (Image of the sample is below, for reference.)

Also, does anyone know what material that the lines in the middle of the sample are made of?  I'm looking at the schematic and it is clear that most of the sample is made of Cr, but the line-material is unclear.  

Thanks,

Dave

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
59 Posts
Points 712
Bruker Employee

The lines are Cr, like the pads. The lines are like intedigitated fingers, so when you scan across them, there is an alternation of a line connected to the right pad and subsequent line connected to the opposite pad. And when you connect the wires to a DC voltage source and scan across the fingers in surface potential microscopy mode (Kelvin Probe Force Microscopy, KPFM), you see alternating potential values. Below is such an image obtained with the Innova using single pass (dual frequency) KPFM mode.

• | Post Points: 14
Top 25 Contributor
42 Posts
Points 485
Bruker Employee

Thanks Thomas!

• | Post Points: 10
Top 500 Contributor
2 Posts
Points 22

Hi Thomas,

I'm not sure if the only person is not seeing your uploaded image?

Top 10 Contributor
288 Posts
Points 3,905
Bruker Employee

Cuong,

I am seeing it. It is an external link so it may take a moment to download. Reply if it doesn't show up and I bet Thomas will email it to you,

Steve

Top 500 Contributor
2 Posts
Points 22

Thanks Steve,

Dave also sent me the picture.

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments