NanoScope Analysis @ Win7

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 25 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
4 Posts
Points 56
Esa Puukilainen posted on Mon, Jul 5 2010 4:24 AM

Hi,

I got NanoScope Analysis software but I can't run it with my laptop which has Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. The installation went through without any error messages, but when I try to open the software a pop-up window "NanoScope Ananylis has stopped working" appears and the software doesn't open. I have tried to run it in compatibility mode for both Windows XP and Vista without any success.

Does anyone know how to run this NanoScope Analysis software with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit?

Regards,

Esa

• | Post Points: 19

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
288 Posts
Points 3,905
Bruker Employee
Verified by Stephen Minne

DS,

Thanks for the post. This thread linked to the instructions for V1.3, which has been taken down. I updated the post, and the link is also here: Nanoscope Analysis v140r1 Download Instructions.pdf

This PDF only contains instruictions on how to download the installer from the FTP. Access that direct by going to:

ftp://Release:Z3Analysis91@sboftp.bruker-nano.com.

Once the software is installed, hit the F1
key or click on the blue button with the question mark on the toolbar for the online manual. A
list of major new features is available under the “Help” menu – click on “What’s New…”

The FTP site will always have the current version.

Steve

• | Post Points: 13

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
288 Posts
Points 3,905
Bruker Employee
Verified by Stephen Minne

DS,

Thanks for the post. This thread linked to the instructions for V1.3, which has been taken down. I updated the post, and the link is also here: Nanoscope Analysis v140r1 Download Instructions.pdf

This PDF only contains instruictions on how to download the installer from the FTP. Access that direct by going to:

ftp://Release:Z3Analysis91@sboftp.bruker-nano.com.

Once the software is installed, hit the F1
key or click on the blue button with the question mark on the toolbar for the online manual. A
list of major new features is available under the “Help” menu – click on “What’s New…”

The FTP site will always have the current version.

Steve

• | Post Points: 13
Top 500 Contributor
3 Posts
Points 34
ds4945 replied on Wed, Oct 19 2011 4:21 PM

Steve,

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, I'm having the same problem as before. When I clicked on the pdf, I got the following message: "You are not authorized to access the webpage at http://nanoscaleworld.bruker-axs.com/nanoscaleworld/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.PostAttachments/00.00.00.07.75/Nanoscope-Analysis-v140r1-Download-Instructions.pdf. You may need to sign in." Obviously, I am signed in so I'm not sure what the problem is.

I also downloaded the .exe Setup file from the link you posted but the installation wizard froze and gave me a "Feature Transfer Error" saying that access is denied.

These are the same errors I was getting before. Do you know what the problem could be?

Thanks,

Deepti

• | Post Points: 12
Top 10 Contributor
288 Posts
Points 3,905
Bruker Employee

Deepti,

I will send you an install file via yousendit. Lets see if that works.

Steve

Top 500 Contributor
3 Posts
Points 34
Answered (Not Verified) ds4945 replied on Mon, Oct 24 2011 4:01 PM
Suggested by Bede Pittenger

In case other people encountered the same problem, here's how it was solved.

For some reason, the software was trying to install in the D: drive and was therefore giving me a "Feature Transfer Error" stating that access was denied. It was fixed by simply manually set the target path to C: during the installation.

• | Post Points: 10
Top 500 Contributor
3 Posts
Points 34
Olga replied on Mon, Feb 13 2012 5:52 AM

Hi,

I'm a user of Innova and Icon microscopes and also have a problem with program Nanoscope Analysis. First I had installed it from CD (other users in my institution also used the same installer). On my computer with win7 64bit and the second with Win XP it  didn't open the files and said the files format is not proper. But it is (*.flt). In the other - not my - computer with program installed from the same installer it goes like it should - opens my files and everything is ok. On the computer with Win7 64bit I'd installed the newest version from ftp but it hasn't solved the problem. Program doesn't open any file. It seems to be a problem only with my both computers, but I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

Please help me if you could.

Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee

Hi Esa,

Version 1.40r1sr4 works great with Windows 7 64bit.  Some of the older versions had issues, so I would recommend downloading the latest if you are not sure which version you have (instructions are here: http://nanoscaleworld.bruker-axs.com/nanoscaleworld/media/p/775.aspx).  You will need administrative rights to install the software.  Once installed,  power user rights will allow you to run the software.  No compatibility mode settings are required. 

Please let us know if you still have issues once you have done this,

--Bede

Top 500 Contributor
3 Posts
Points 34
Olga replied on Tue, Feb 14 2012 7:53 AM

Hi,

I checked my version - it is for sure the latest 1.40R1Sr4.80207. I wrote that I have two computers (Win7 x64 and Win XP) and program doesn't open files at any of them. Files are not damaged because they work normally at the other computer with the same program and Win XP. It's a riddle to me.

Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee

If I understand correctly, the same file opens just fine with Nanoscope Analysis 1.40r1sr4 on the XP system, but not on the windows 7 system.  Is that correct?

Is Nanoscope Analysis able to open any files on the windows 7 system?  For example, can you open this one: psldpe.002.8ch.123 ?

--Bede

Top 500 Contributor
3 Posts
Points 34
Olga replied on Wed, Feb 15 2012 6:07 AM

The same file NOT opens with Nanoscope Analysis 1.40r1sr4 on the XP nor on the Win7 system, but opens at the other, third, not my computer with XP system and Nanoscope Analysis older version, which I had on my XP before (this older version), but on my computer it hasn't been working so I've installed the latest version.

The file you linked program on Win7 opened correctly! There are images of 4 circle-like objects from 8 channels. My files are still incorrect. Maybe I will paste here the image of error displayed by program or one of files which is not being opened?

Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee

The error message would be very useful.  Can you also post the file that will not open?  Or you can email them to my firstname dot lastname at bruker-nano.com

--Bede

Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee

Apparently, NanoScope Analysis 1.40r1sr4 has a problem with paths that have non-english characters.  I'll see about getting this fixed in the next version.

Thanks Olga!

--Bede

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments