Measuring Scratch Depth

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
42 Posts
Points 485
Bruker Employee
David Durham posted on Wed, Jan 19 2011 1:35 PM

What is the best tool to use on the software to measure depth of a scratch?  I would like to measure the average depth across the length of the scratch- which is why I used the depth tool, but seems like the numbers are vastly different when comparing the line tool across the scratch.

I included the raw data file

Thanks

bl-20-0tap-e.123

• | Post Points: 12

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
288 Posts
Points 3,905
Bruker Employee

Dave,

First off I would download and use NanoScope Analysis, I think you will find that SW far superior. Instructions are here: Nanoscope Analysis v120r1sr3.pdf

The get your data, I would use the ‘Rotating Box” feature of the section analysis. (Hold down shift to rotate). The Help file in NanoScope Analysis is extraordinary, so you can get all of the background and instruction on the different analysis functions there. I have included screens shots of both.

Hope this helps,
Steve

PS: Nice new picture

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
288 Posts
Points 3,905
Bruker Employee

Dave,

First off I would download and use NanoScope Analysis, I think you will find that SW far superior. Instructions are here: Nanoscope Analysis v120r1sr3.pdf

The get your data, I would use the ‘Rotating Box” feature of the section analysis. (Hold down shift to rotate). The Help file in NanoScope Analysis is extraordinary, so you can get all of the background and instruction on the different analysis functions there. I have included screens shots of both.

Hope this helps,
Steve

PS: Nice new picture

Top 25 Contributor
42 Posts
Points 485
Bruker Employee

Excellent, thanks Steve.

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments