The Nanoscale World

Nanoscope IIIa v5.30r1 / Multimode: Making controlled movements in Z by any means? (Also, what is NanoScript???)

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 19 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
10 Posts
Points 112
s_thor posted on Fri, Jan 21 2011 1:42 PM

Hi,

I'm using a Multimode SPM with a Nanoscope IIIa, running 5.30r1 of the nanoscope software. Our goal right now is to bring an STM tip into tunneling with a sample, and then back the tip off by, for example, 100 nm. (and leave it there while recording data)

Is there an easy way to do this in the software as is? I have noticed there is a current/distance spectroscopy mode, but this mode seems to require continuous sweeping of the Z voltage - I can't just fix Z.

The manual mentions Nanoscript briefly. Am I correct that this is a programming language that can be used to create all sorts of custom procedures in Nanoscope?

The controller I'm using has been in this lab long before I arrived. How can I tell if I have the ability to use Nanoscript? There is a "Nanoscript" option in the "d.i." menu, and after selecting it I get options to load macros, etc. Does this mean that my install has Nanoscript capabilities enabled? I read the NanoLithography guide posted on here, and I see that you can do movements in Z using some of those tools, but do I really need the Nanolithography package in order to use Nanoscript?

I would be grateful for any information at all about using Nanoscript. Google tells me that there is a Nanoscript Programmers Guide somewhere, but I could not find it online. Does anyone have this file?

Thank you,

Scott

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
55 Posts
Points 831
Bruker Employee

Scott,

I figure you probably did not receive my later responses thru your gmail either. Please check whether they are put in SPAM. Also, you can provide an university sponsored email address so our communication will not be disrupted.

Best

Chunzeng

Top 100 Contributor
10 Posts
Points 112

Chunzeng,

Yes, I didn't receive anything after my last post to the message board. The messages are not in my spam folder; for some reason I seem to have a problem getting mail from you.

Instead I'll try emailing you from my old grad school email account at the University of Minnesota.

-Scott

• | Post Points: 10
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 10
beaker replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 4:32 PM

Hi Chunzeng, 

I am new to AFM and the Nanoscope that I am using and I am unable to find the manual for v5.30r1 that came with the software. Do you know where I can get a copy of the manual?

Thank you very very much for your help, 

Kenneth

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 12

Hi,

Do you have the dll that you compiled in response to Scott in 2011? We truly could use it!

Tom Ferrell

U of TN

Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee

Hi Tom,

I assume you looked at page one of this thread: http://nanoscaleworld.bruker-axs.com/nanoscaleworld/forums/t/577.aspx?PageIndex=1

The DLL is still there in .txt file format.  The DLL can only be used with the Nanoscope version for which it was compiled since it makes calls to the Nanoscope code.  Unfortunately I asked Chunzeng and he cannot find the source code for the DLL.  That means the script would have to be rewritten (as well as recompiled) if you do not have v5.30r1...

--Bede

Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments