The Nanoscale World

Image processing question

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 4 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
12 Posts
Points 140
Jay Chey posted on Thu, Mar 24 2011 4:48 PM

How do I save a AFM scanned image without the text/background ??  I tried "export" and I always get the background in the file.

Many times, for presenations, I prefer to have just the top view image.

• | Post Points: 12

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee

Hi Jay,

You can export without the text background from the browser within Nanoscope or Nanoscope Analysis by right clicking on the file and selecting export.  If you have multiple files selected, they will all be exported.

This type of export keeps the same number of lines and samples per line that the raw file has and it does not provide a color bar or a scale bar.  Even though it has limitations, this is my favorite way to export the data for publication right now.  We are working on an improved export function, but it is not available yet.

I hope that helps!

--Bede

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 13

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee

Hi Jay,

You can export without the text background from the browser within Nanoscope or Nanoscope Analysis by right clicking on the file and selecting export.  If you have multiple files selected, they will all be exported.

This type of export keeps the same number of lines and samples per line that the raw file has and it does not provide a color bar or a scale bar.  Even though it has limitations, this is my favorite way to export the data for publication right now.  We are working on an improved export function, but it is not available yet.

I hope that helps!

--Bede

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 13
Top 200 Contributor
5 Posts
Points 64
Jeremy replied on Tue, Mar 29 2011 1:22 PM

Hi Bede,

To follow with another, but related, question, is there any way to export raw data for use in other analysis software?  Could this be an option in the future?

Thanks,

Jeremy

• | Post Points: 14
Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee

Hi Jeremy,

As you can see from the screenshot in my previous post, it is also possible to export the data as TIFF or Ascii.  Many analysis software packages allow import from those formats.  Additionally, you can save the files in a Nanoscope v5 compatible format using the "Crop and Split" analysis.

What analysis software do you want to use?  What input format(s) does it support?

--Bede

• | Post Points: 10
Top 10 Contributor
60 Posts
Points 651

Jeremy,

What you also can do is have a look at the freeware software package from Gwyddion (http://gwyddion.net/). The options you have exporting (save as) is very good, and the Bruker/Veeco/DI files are read without any problem.

For publishing pictures I use it a lot.

Joop

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments