The Nanoscale World

drifting of deflection recording during stress relaxation phase in force scripting

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
14 Posts
Points 163
Alperen Ketene posted on Thu, Mar 3 2011 2:36 PM

Hello,

I've been running into an issue recently while performing my usual stress relaxation response tests on di3100 afm on live cells. I set my force script to move my z-scanner about 1.5 um into my sample, forcing indentation and causing about 150nm deflection in my cantilever, and then hold the z-scanner position constant for 60s before i retract from the sample. The problem is that i see a gradual deflection increase after about 15 seconds during my stress relaxation phase and keeps increasing. I'm suspecting a drift in my laser but the fact is that i've always been doing the same script procedure. Does anyone have any clues as to why this is happening?

For reference, i'm using a triangular shaped cantilever(k=0.02 N/m) at sum values of 3.5-3.9.

Thanks.

• | Post Points: 10

All Replies

Top 75 Contributor
14 Posts
Points 163

I can't seem to upload/copy my figure that shows the drifting that i'm experiencing. Is there a way to make this possible?

• | Post Points: 12
Top 10 Contributor
288 Posts
Points 3,905
Bruker Employee

Alperen,

Try following the instructions here: http://nanoscaleworld.bruker-axs.com/nanoscaleworld/forums/t/526.aspx

Or email me at steve.minne (at) bruker-nano.com and I will post.

Steve

Top 75 Contributor
14 Posts
Points 163

Attached is the graph that i was referring to.

Thanks!

replied on Fri, Mar 4 2011 3:51 PM

Did you try to deflect the cantilever 150nm on a hard surface to check stability? This way your sample is out of the equation.

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments