The Nanoscale World

SPM v442r4 on windows 2000 after reinstallation of OS from NT4

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
2 Posts
Points 22
clxo posted on Tue, Aug 16 2011 8:20 AM

Hello, just wish to check if I can get some suggestions/solution here.

Due to a video card issue, our old Nanoscope IIIa system purchased in 1999 couldn't work for some time. Then we got another video card from Matrox, which is supposed to work well in windows NT4. However, it didn't. Our IT people helped us upgrade to Win2000 then the video card works perfect. We copied the folder “spm442r4” from the archive CD into the D: and attempted to run “z.exe”, the nanoscope program. The program seems to works only in offline mode (no real-time button) and the microscope icon is missing in the menu bar. Upon turning off the window, I noticed some message of “File Error in color.par .... Debugging ...” on one window. Just wonder if any additional drivers or files need be copied/installed in the system.

Appreciate the gr8 help in advance.

• | Post Points: 12

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
288 Posts
Points 3,905
Bruker Employee
Verified by clxo

V4 is pretty old and I would recommend you upgrade to at least V5.

You can run up to 6.13 with the IIIa on Windows 2000, however, if you would like the interface to be remain familiar you could just upgrade to V5.31R1. Contact service for the installation package: AFMSupport@bruker-nano.com or if international find the correct office at: http://www.bruker-axs.com/nano_surfaces_support.html.

• | Post Points: 13

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
288 Posts
Points 3,905
Bruker Employee
Verified by clxo

V4 is pretty old and I would recommend you upgrade to at least V5.

You can run up to 6.13 with the IIIa on Windows 2000, however, if you would like the interface to be remain familiar you could just upgrade to V5.31R1. Contact service for the installation package: AFMSupport@bruker-nano.com or if international find the correct office at: http://www.bruker-axs.com/nano_surfaces_support.html.

• | Post Points: 13
Top 500 Contributor
2 Posts
Points 22
clxo replied on Wed, Aug 17 2011 11:52 AM

Thanks Stephen,

I am contacting service for the installation package. Actually we were to upgrade the PC system but unfortunately our budget couldn't afford that much at this moment.

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments