old Nanoscope software problem

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Top 75 Contributor
12 Posts
Points 139
Peter posted on Tue, Nov 15 2011 10:24 AM

Dear Group Members,

We have an older Nanoscope multimode in our lab: Nanoscope E controller, connected to a Windows NT (4.0) PC running software version 4.43r8
I am hoping that some of you can help me with the following problem:

Recently I had to reset the BIOS chip on the computer motherboard, because the system would not boot.  I also went ahead and upgraded the BIOS firmware at the same time and changed a depleted BIOS battery. Now the PC will boot into Windows NT, but the Nanoscope software installed will not run in online mode. I can only use it to access our measurements, but cannot control the microscope.

I thought that the Nanoscope software has some kind of hardware key and because I changed the BIOS firmware, the software no longer recognizes the PC hardware. I am not sure if this assumption is correct. However, I went ahead and downgraded the BIOS firmware, but the NS software still wouldn’t run in online mode. I tried reinstalling the NS software from backup binaries, but that didn’t work either.

The fault may be due to the lack of some driver, because I get an error message after logging into Win NT: “At least one service or driver failed during system startup”.

I haven’t tried reinstalling Win NT yet.

Would it be possible to install the 4.43r8 software and PCI cards on a newer computer?

Sorry for the lengthy question, but I’m hoping someone has an idea on how to move on.

Thanks,
Peter

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

replied on Tue, Nov 15 2011 11:17 AM

Hi Peter,

Please contact Bruker tech support.

Stefan

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments