The Nanoscale World

How can I convert nanoscope files in different nanoscope versions?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 2 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
2 Posts
Points 22
ztang32@gatech.edu posted on Fri, Mar 23 2012 2:29 PM

Hi all,

I have a contact mode Force-Volume data analysis program that is written by senior lab members. It reads Nanoscope 5.30 data and gives me force-volume analysis data. Now I'm switching to a new ICON Dimension AFM which runs Nanoscope 8.10, and the program I use cannot understand the force-volume data recorded on that machine. Do you have any software to convert files in different versions?

The detailed version is:
8.10 r1Sr 2.64495
5.30 r3sr3 

• | Post Points: 12

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 75 Contributor
12 Posts
Points 139
Answered (Verified) Peter replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 9:05 AM
Verified by ztang32@gatech.edu

I don't know any straight forward way to convert between versions, but the files mostly differ in the header and where the data is placed in the binary NS file. If the analysis software was written from scratch I suppose it reads the binary data from the NS files and does its analysis based on that. If you have access to the source code of your analysis software I think it does not need much work to make it accept NS8.1 files as well.

• | Post Points: 13

All Replies

Top 75 Contributor
12 Posts
Points 139
Answered (Verified) Peter replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 9:05 AM
Verified by ztang32@gatech.edu

I don't know any straight forward way to convert between versions, but the files mostly differ in the header and where the data is placed in the binary NS file. If the analysis software was written from scratch I suppose it reads the binary data from the NS files and does its analysis based on that. If you have access to the source code of your analysis software I think it does not need much work to make it accept NS8.1 files as well.

• | Post Points: 13
Top 500 Contributor
2 Posts
Points 22

Thanks, Peter. I'll try.

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments