The Nanoscale World

About mode selection in AFM Catalyst

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 75 Contributor
11 Posts
Points 148
Fenny posted on Tue, Mar 6 2012 2:40 AM

What kind of an experimental Category (Scanayst, tapping,contact,….) shall I choose for the following cases?

1)      Only the morphology of samples needs imaging?

2)      Only the force curves of local regions from biological samples are needed without morphology?

Thanks.

• | Post Points: 14

All Replies

Answered (Not Verified) replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 3:18 PM

Any of the three you mentioned would do the job for simple topographic imaging. Force curves can also be acquired in these modes and it will depend on what cantilever you will need to extract the force-curve information needed to determine the mode. I.e. if a very soft cantilever is needed choose contact if a very stiff one is needed choose Tapping.

• | Post Points: 10
replied on Wed, Mar 21 2012 8:13 AM

Fenny,

Stefan is 100% right but I know pretty well your application field and can tell you that Peak Force Tapping is probably the easiest technique for both of your points, especially if you use regular probes like ScanAsyst Fluid. Now if you use colloidal probes you can go for regular Force Spectroscopy and record single for curves. This is probably the shortest way.

Best,

Alex.

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments