QNM data processing

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 12
labuz posted on Thu, Jul 12 2012 9:25 PM

Hello

I am trying the measure the elastic modulus across the surface of a sample using a Dimension Icon AFM. After taking my data in QNM mode, i realized that the data was in mArb (I'm guessing that an "Arb" means "arbitrary unit") instead of Pascales like it should be. I know this likely means I did not calibrate the probe properly, but I was wondering if there was a way to post-process the data (given the probe stiffness, tip radius, and sample Poisson's ratio) to convert it to Pa without having to go back and repeat the experiment?

Thanks

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
129 Posts
Points 1,429
Ang Li replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 5:58 AM

The most important paprameter you need for QNM is deflection sensitivity, which unfortunately can't be input offline to update QNM image, since the DMT modulus is a fitting parameter rather than a direct function of deflection sens.  If you have HSDC data captured, you can update the deflection sens and other probe parameters like spring constant and tip radius etc to calculate the modulus in the offline Nanoscope analysis software, then it will be possible to convert Arb to Pa.

Ang Li

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments