The Nanoscale World

Conductive AFM

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 150 Contributor
7 Posts
Points 82
Nishith Parikh posted on Fri, Mar 1 2013 10:21 AM

I am Dimension Icon AFM with TUNA module. I am doing current imaging on my sample and i notice that at 100 nA/V sensitivity, i can get maximum current of 1.18 uA. I was wondering is there any way i can get current in the range of mA?

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

replied on Wed, Mar 6 2013 11:24 AM

Hi Nishith,

A/D converters are typically 10V that is where these restriction come from primarily. However, you also have to consider that your current has to go through the AFM tip which makes the current density really high and pose a limiting factor. What are you trying to measure?

Stefan

Top 150 Contributor
7 Posts
Points 82

Hi Stefan,

My sample is a carbon substrate which is used in PEM fuel cell. It is highly conductive and i am reaching saturation current (1.18 uA) even with a very small bias of 500 mV. I have seen articles and they have shown current in mA using conductive AFM. I google and found that Park AFM have module called variable enhanced conductive AFM (VECA) which have maximum current of 10 mA. I was wondering whether Bruker have any similar module.

Thanks

Nishith

replied on Wed, Mar 6 2013 1:02 PM

Hi Nishith,

Bruker has a conductive/TUNA module for the Innova AFM that has a wide range from 10(3) V/A  to 10(11) V/A and can go up to 10mA current. This module can be hooked up to an ICON if so desired. Let me know if you need further information (stefan.kaemmer at bruker-nano dot com)

Regards,

Stefan

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments