Extracting the force curves, positions and images in .txt

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 3 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
3 Posts
Points 34
Beauzamy posted on Thu, Mar 14 2013 9:18 AM

Hello,

I'm using NanoScope Analysis V1.40 to analyse my force curves. I usually do Point and Shoot measurements, and I'm looking for a way to :

- extract all my approach force-curves in txt after having performed the baseline correction (for now, when I use the batch process it saves the curves in .00x format. To convert them in txt files I have to right click on each curve after opening them in NanoScope Analysis).

- extract the x y position corresponding to each curve (where was performed each ramp on the sample) : this information is clearly stored in the .mca file, but it's a binary file...

- extract the height image in txt file. I'm trying to calculate the curvature at the location of my indentation points. As far as I know it's not possible with NanoScope Analysis (we can only deduce the radius in a precise direction, so having the mean curvature for each point is possible but very tedious).

Any help/suggestion would be very appreciated,

Thank you.

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
30 Posts
Points 397
Bruker Employee

Hi Beauzamy,

Hopefully the following suggestions might make exporting your data a little easier.

To extract your force curves as text files, you will need to save the baseline corrected curves. Once you have saved all these curves (either by applying the baseline correction individually or using the Run History function) then select all the corrected curves you wish to export on your browse window at the same time (using Shift+click). Right click and select export, then select 'ASCII' to export as a .txt file.

I don't know of any automated or batch method to give you the the x,y position of each force curve but you can right click on a curve in the browse window, then select 'Properties'. Expand the 'Ciao scan list' and the 4th and 5th parameters are the X- and Y-offsets giving you the position of the force curve.

To export a height image as a .txt file you need to split and save it as an individual file. Open theNanoscope file with the height image that you want to export. Then under 'Filters' select 'Crop and Split'. This will give you the options of splitting each of the individual data channels you captured into separate files (as well as saving a cropped area of the image as a new nanoscope file - if you wish). Make sure that 'Save Channels Separately' is set to 'Yes' and under 'Include Channels' make sure that the data channel corresponding to your height channel is also set to 'Yes'. Then select 'Create Files'. Now in your browse window select your split height image. Right click and under export select 'ASCII' to export as a .txt file.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Andrea   

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments