New with EFM

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 12
Ali posted on Fri, Apr 5 2013 4:20 PM

Hi,

I am trying to do EFM for my peptide-CNT samples using an ICON. I tried to use the software Help and the machine manual. But they are not enough and still more information is needed to run it successfully. Actually I got good images for the topography but nothing in the phase image. I am wondering if you anybody has a more complete manual or video with real examples. I appreciate if you send them for me.

The topography was completely noisy when the scan area was 5um and got much better when I decreased it to 2um. the sample was on a silicon chip and fixed on the vacuum chuck directly using the vacuum. I did not know what numbers to insert for the tip and sample bias (high or low, positive or negative, for one of them or both? what is the difference?). Also the Amplitude Setpoint unit in the feedback panel was nm while it is mV in the manual and software help. The other thing is that there is no feedback input option in the interleave panel, but there is in the manual

Thanks alot for your helps,

Ali

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 6:02 PM

Hi Ali,

When you say you get good topographic images but nothing in the phase channel is that related to EFM or do you refer to regular tapping mode? Is your sample mounted so that there is a good electrical connection between tip and sample? What tip are you using? What Lift height are you using?

The voltage on the tip will vary depending on sample and tip.  The sign of the bias voltage should not really matter in your case.

Stefan 

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments