Auto Probe CP-Research Optics Lamp Replacement

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
2 Posts
Points 22
susumama posted on Tue, Aug 20 2013 3:34 AM

Hi,

I'm using  an Auto Probe CP-Research AFM.

A few days ago, during imaging, the optics "died". Also, I noticed that no signal is being sent to the monitor (which seems strange because the optics electronics should send some signal even if the lamp is out. Maybe there's some kind of lamp detection scheme?)

Opening the top cap on the optics arm, I found that the lamp filament is blown.

Nowhere in the manual I can find the replacement part number for the lamp.

Can anyone tell me the part number, or specification (current & voltage ratings)  for the lamp? It looks like a tiny tungsten lamp.

Thanks in advance,

Susumama

• | Post Points: 12

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 500 Contributor
3 Posts
Points 36
Bruker Employee
Answered (Verified) APonder replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 10:57 AM
Verified by susumama

Susumama,

The bulb in the CP-R and CP-2 optical microscope is a 6V, 6 Watt Halogen bulb from GE. The part/model number is GE784. You can find commercial sources for this bulb online just by Googling the term "6V 6W Halogen Bulb" or "GE784 bulb". There is no lamp sensing hardware inside the microscope, so the system does not cut off power to the camera when the bulb fails. It is likely that the only problem you have is the blown bulb. It is unlikely that the video camera has failed at the same time, although not impossible. To test the functionality of the video camera just shine a light directly into the optical objective to see if the camera responds.

Regards,

Alan Ponder, Technical Support

• | Post Points: 13

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
3 Posts
Points 36
Bruker Employee
Answered (Verified) APonder replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 10:57 AM
Verified by susumama

Susumama,

The bulb in the CP-R and CP-2 optical microscope is a 6V, 6 Watt Halogen bulb from GE. The part/model number is GE784. You can find commercial sources for this bulb online just by Googling the term "6V 6W Halogen Bulb" or "GE784 bulb". There is no lamp sensing hardware inside the microscope, so the system does not cut off power to the camera when the bulb fails. It is likely that the only problem you have is the blown bulb. It is unlikely that the video camera has failed at the same time, although not impossible. To test the functionality of the video camera just shine a light directly into the optical objective to see if the camera responds.

Regards,

Alan Ponder, Technical Support

• | Post Points: 13
Top 500 Contributor
2 Posts
Points 22

Hi APonder,

I tried the GE784, and it works, thanks.

The only thing is that the bulb has a protruding sealing glass tube on the bulb, which I guess is where you seal the glass bulb after you inject the halogen gas. It happens that this seaing minitube is at the metal lead side and I only could plug the bulb halfways. It made metal contact and the bulb is lighting. Maybe there are several types of bulb packaging.

Anyways, thanks for the information.

Susumama

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments