Save and re-open a Workspace in NanoScope Analysis 1.4

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 0 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
3 Posts
Points 32
Tobias posted on Mon, Jan 20 2014 3:16 AM

Hi everyone,

I got a problem when using the Save the workspace and open it later.

The saving process seems pretty fine, in fact the size of the .FLT Files heavily increases from 177KB to 4145KB (in this specific example) but that's not a really big deal for me right now. (I would prefer if that wouldn't happen, but ok...)

Way more annoying is the fact, that it comes to strange things when I re-open the Workspace later. First of all, for every included File, I get an error Message saying something like "It attempts to access a place past the end of an unknown file." (german original: "Es wurde versucht, auf eine Stelle hinter dem Ende von einer unbekannten Datei zuzugreifen."). As there is nothing but an OK-Button in this message, I don't got a choice at all.

Once I clicked trough all those messages, the Workspace opens but the Files are just weird and far away from what I've saved. To give you an example: I opened some Files and did nothing but a Plane-fit and rotated them a few degree each. But after I saved, closed and re-opened all the files, the rotations is back on where I started and a piece of Measurement-Data is missing (like someone took a bite on one of the corners, most likely the bottom left one; seems to be the most tasty one ;) ).

Is there anything I can do about this? Its pretty annoying and makes the initially totally helpful function of saving Workspaces pretty useless for me. I'm using NanoScope Analysis 1.40 Build R3Sr4.94136 on Windows 7. (and yes, I checked the Boxes "save workspace" and "save modified Files" at the Dialog that comes up when I close Nanoscope).

Thank fore reading!

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments