The Nanoscale World

Convert the raw AFM file into numerical value

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 12
azrul posted on Fri, Mar 21 2014 2:49 AM

hi all, 

azrul here from malaysia. i would like to seek for a solution on how to convert the AFM raw data  (roughness measurement) into numerical value which can show me the X,Y and Z value of the image. there is an internship asking me about this but unfortunately i am unable to answer his question. i did tried to explore any possible option given by the software ( i am a DI 3100 dimension V user ) but the only option i did found was converting the raw data into ASCII which is according to him the data only give the height value only. is there anyone know how to help him? he is on the project to create a simulation by using this kind of data. 

i am thinking that if the analysis software can show me the 3D data analysis, it also can help me on converting the raw data into those data desired by the internship student. is it make sense? sorry for my poor english and knowledge on AFM. still a learner and new with AFM. Big Smile

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
3 Posts
Points 32
Answered (Not Verified) Tobias replied on Mon, Mar 24 2014 3:17 AM
Suggested by Tobias

Hi,

I highly recommend you to try gwyddion ( http://gwyddion.net/ )

Its a free AFM analysis Software and, tbh, in my opinion its way more powerfull than Nanoscope. Its also able to perform a roughness measurement.

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments