Conductive AFM-I-V curve

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
7 Posts
Points 82
Nishith Parikh posted on Fri, Mar 30 2012 1:32 PM

Hello,

I have Dimension Icon AFM with extended TUNA module and have some issues regarding I-V measurement. I did current imaging on my sample using conductive AFm with bias voltage of 500 mV and current sensitivity of 100 nA/v. My sample is catalyst layer which is made of carbon black particles and nafion polymer. As expected, i see areas of high current (representing carbon particles) and low current (representing nafion) regions. The problems starts when i go to ramp mode and try to capture I-V curves. I am getting same I-V curves in both high and low current region. I looked into 20-25 other locations using ' point and shoot' mode, but i am getting same I-V curves. I don't understand why i don't see any variation in I-V curves.

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
129 Posts
Points 1,429

Hi, Nishith,

What's your setting in ramp mode? You may send me your ramp files in single ramp as well as in point and shoot so I can check for you if anything you missed. My email is ang.li@bruker-nano.com

Ang Li

Top 50 Contributor
22 Posts
Points 254

Hi Ang,

I  had a similar problem. Would  sending you the point and shoot images be enough  for you to determine what parameters possibly  need to be changed? I was ramping from -5 to +5V. How can I save the ramp  files settings to send along?

Mithun

Top 10 Contributor
129 Posts
Points 1,429
Ang Li replied on Thu, Apr 12 2012 6:30 AM

Hi, Mithun,

Sending me raw data is sufficient, all parameters will be attached in file header.

Ang Li

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments