The Nanoscale World

Question regarding Sensitivity in Analysis Software

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 0 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
5 Posts
Points 60
Jerome S. Jourdan posted on Fri, Jan 31 2014 3:54 PM

I've calibrated a TESP probe for PeakForce QNM and got a terrific DMT Modulus map for PS (~2.7 GPa).  I then performed PeakForce on a sample embedded in nail polish, where the nail polish gave a DMT Modulus of 3 GPa, and domains that measured ~5 GPa and ~10GPa while the nail polish still showed ~3 GPa.  

My question is this: On the same sample a different run gave much higher DMT Modulus values for the nail polish and sample domains, although image quality was really good and clean.  If I open the file in the Analysis Software and adjust Sensitivity (let's say from 1725 MPa/V to 1000 MPa/V) I am able to lower the DMT Modulus values so that the nail polish now reads ~3 GPa (expected).  Can I assume at this point that the values I get for the sample domains are accurate if I'm assuming that the value for the nail polish is correct?  They are giving me values ~5GPa and 10GPa as I had seen in earlier runs, but in general is this an acceptable procedure (adjusting Sensitivity in the Analysis Software so that an 'internal standard' gives the correct values)?

Any input is welcome,

Jerry

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments