The Nanoscale World

Nanoscope Analysis and Matlab

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 12
cassiemackenzie posted on Wed, Feb 19 2014 8:24 AM

Hi all,

I am new to the site, so apologies if I am placing this question in the wrong place.

I use a MacBook Pro and am suffering the usual lack of compatible software (Honestly, I don't know why there is not a Mac version yet, there is plenty call for it - end rant!). Currently I have to do half my work at a Windows computer at work and the Matlab side of work on my Mac, as it's much faster. Someone mentioned to me in passing that I might be able to run Nanoscope Analysis through Matlab. Is this possible? And if so, how? 

Many thanks in advance of your response,

Cassie

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee
Suggested by Bede Pittenger

Hi Cassie,

Sorry about your frustration about lack of a Mac version.  There have been rumors that it might be possible to run Nanoscope Analysis on an emulator running on a Mac, but we don't support it.  Please post back here if you try it and have any success.

The Matlab toolbox is a feature of Nanoscope Analysis that allows users to easily open Nanoscope files from within Matlab.  Unfortunately, it requires that Nanoscope Analysis be installed, so it will not work on a Mac either.

--Bede

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments