rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
6 Posts
Points 72
lmign posted on Thu, Dec 2 2010 6:48 PM

Hi All,

I'm trying to scan a large area ( probably 200micron x 200 micron) in order to

get distance between some marks on my wafer. 

As far as I know, please correct me if I'm wrong,  the largest area we could scan at a time is 100micron x 100 micron

and it will sacrifice the lateral resolution, so I'm thinking to have multiple scanning and stitch the images after the scanning.

Is there a tool in the software which can do the stitching? Or is there a better way instead of stitching?

Thanks for the help.

Yiming

• | Post Points: 14

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
288 Posts
Points 3,905
Bruker Employee
Verified by lmign

Scan size depends on your scanner. I can give you the spec if you post what you have, but yes, 100um is likely your limitation (unless you have a BioScope Catalyst, which you can do 150um in closed loop, and probably 200um in open loop).

You don’t have to sacrifice lateral resolution. With NanoScopeV based systems you can record over 5000 x 5000 pixels per image. You will have to proportionally maintain your other scan parameters (with a net effect slowing down the image acquisition time in the same proportion).

We don’t have anything in our system for stitching; however most photo programs, including photoshop now have a feature to create “panoramic photos” from a collection of individual pictures. This could work well for your application.

Good luck,
Steve

Top 10 Contributor
99 Posts
Points 958
Bruker Employee
Verified by lmign

DAFP 3D Die Map-SingleSlide.ppt

Hello Imign -

Our Vx and DAFP automated systems allow for what we call 3D-Die mapping,  this isn't exactly what you're looking for but may get you what you need.   This is a hybrid profiler/AFM application in which 512 (or more) single line profiles are stitched together to form an AFM style image.  The individual profiles have 262144 pixes/profile with a maximum individual profile length of >25 millimeters. 

• | Post Points: 13

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
288 Posts
Points 3,905
Bruker Employee
Verified by lmign

Scan size depends on your scanner. I can give you the spec if you post what you have, but yes, 100um is likely your limitation (unless you have a BioScope Catalyst, which you can do 150um in closed loop, and probably 200um in open loop).

You don’t have to sacrifice lateral resolution. With NanoScopeV based systems you can record over 5000 x 5000 pixels per image. You will have to proportionally maintain your other scan parameters (with a net effect slowing down the image acquisition time in the same proportion).

We don’t have anything in our system for stitching; however most photo programs, including photoshop now have a feature to create “panoramic photos” from a collection of individual pictures. This could work well for your application.

Good luck,
Steve

Top 10 Contributor
99 Posts
Points 958
Bruker Employee
Verified by lmign

DAFP 3D Die Map-SingleSlide.ppt

Hello Imign -

Our Vx and DAFP automated systems allow for what we call 3D-Die mapping,  this isn't exactly what you're looking for but may get you what you need.   This is a hybrid profiler/AFM application in which 512 (or more) single line profiles are stitched together to form an AFM style image.  The individual profiles have 262144 pixes/profile with a maximum individual profile length of >25 millimeters. 

• | Post Points: 13
Top 150 Contributor
6 Posts
Points 72
lmign replied on Mon, Dec 6 2010 8:03 PM

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply!

yes, I will try the 5000x5000 pixels scanning, hope this can work for us!

Thanks!

Yiming

• | Post Points: 10
Top 150 Contributor
6 Posts
Points 72
lmign replied on Mon, Dec 6 2010 8:28 PM

Hello Sean,

Thanks for the reply,

So the Depth automated AFM is a different system from the Dimension icon?

Yiming

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments