The Nanoscale World

Lithography--on NanoScope IIIa

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
3 Posts
Points 36
Qi Lue posted on Tue, Jan 11 2011 7:48 AM

Hello everyone!

Our group has the  NanoScope IIIa with software v.5.30. And we have the whole software package for lithography.

We have achieved the "Hello World" and "Diamond" works. The only problem is that the "diamond.dll" could not be openned by Microsoft Visual C++. Without this template,  we can not write some more complex software (Pay attention: none of us is good at software!!!!!).

Who can give me some help, for example, give me a "Diamond.dll" which can be openned by C++!

Thanks very much,

Lue

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
288 Posts
Points 3,905
Bruker Employee

Lue,

Are you using Visual C++ 6.0? That is the compiler compatible with V5.30. If you are not using this version the Visual Studio project file might not be of the correct vintage.

If you are, can you send me your complete system information (along with your location). I will pass this on to service, who can then check your CD image to make sure you have everything you need installed, and troubleshoot your problem.

Thanks,
Steve

Top 500 Contributor
3 Posts
Points 36
Qi Lue replied on Tue, Jan 11 2011 7:41 PM

Minne, thanks very much for your help.
Yes, we use Visual C++6.0 to write the program, and the edition of Nanoscope is V530r3rs3.
When I werote a simple lithography program as follow, the ".cpp" file could not be translated into ".dll" file.

It said that

error LNK 2001: unresolved external symbol "bool_cdecl LithoBegin(void)" (?LithoBegin@@YA_NXZ

Error executing link.exe

The lithography program is:

#include<litho.h>
#include<gui.h>
extern"C"__declspec(dllexport) int macroMain()
{
LITHO_BEGIN
LithoDisplayStatusBox();
LithoScan(false);
LithoCenterXY();
LithoMoveZ(-0.010,10);
LithoTranslate(1,-1,10);
LITHO_END
return 0;
}

Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee

This sort of linking error usually occurs when one of the project paths is not set up correctly.  Support note 316 has a section on setting this up.  A copy is available here: Nanolithography Support Note.pdf

Good luck!

--Bede

Top 500 Contributor
3 Posts
Points 36
Qi Lue replied on Wed, Jan 12 2011 8:19 PM

Thank you, Pittenger!

I have read the Support Note carefully. It said that "Verify or place the sample program (e.g., LithoHelloWorld) file in your SPM directory." But in our D disk, there is not a "SPM" folder. The D disk contains six folders: "Capture", "Data", "DI Service", "Images", "Manual" and "V530r3sr3". The "Z.exe" is located in "V530r3sr3", so I think the "Include" folder (contains litho.h, gui.h and sysdefs.h) and "z.lib" should be located into this folder. After that, I write the program and verify the project setting as the Support Note. Unfortunately, the old problem still exists. Another interesting things is that there is a folder named "scripts" in the "V530r3sr3" folder. In that folder, there are several ".dll" files contained a "diamond.dll" file. If I do not locate the "include and z.lib" into the "V530r3sr3", this diamond.dll also could work. I want to rewrite this program, but as I said before I could not open it by Visual C++6.0.

Who can help me?????

Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee

You are correct that the z.lib and the include directory should be located in the same directory with z.exe. 

You mentioned earlier that you were able to get "Hello World" to work.  Did you compile and link it yourself?  Or did you just run the .dll?  A good exercise would be to load the "Hello World" project (the project files have extension .dsw), change the text to something like "Hello Qi Lue!" and rebuild.  If you have set up all the paths correctly, you should be able to run the script in Nanoscope.  Note: the .dll file must be located in the V530r3sr3 directory to be listed as an available script to run.

--Bede

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments