Q on parameter file - Nanoscope v. 6.13

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
17 Posts
Points 200
dalia posted on Tue, Jan 18 2011 10:29 AM

Hi,

How can I pull up the parameter for an image in software Nanoscope v.6.13?  I'm specifically interested in all the feedback parameters that I assume get stored with teh file.  Thanks.

-Dalia

• | Post Points: 14

All Replies

Top 50 Contributor
17 Posts
Points 143

Hi Dalia,

I have used 6.13 very little myself, but I believe that it is very similar to v7x in how you access these parameters. 

In the "browse" window (on the right hand side of the screen where all of the captured files are), right click on the file and select "properties".  You should see a list of different parameter list.  Most of the important parameters (such as feedback parameters) are stored in the "ciao parameters" list.  You should find setpoint, gains, etc.  Some of the parameters are named non-intuitive things... so if you are looking for a specific set parameter and can not find it in the list (it is very long list), let us know and we'll point you in the right direction.

Best of luck!

Adam

• | Post Points: 12
Top 50 Contributor
17 Posts
Points 200
dalia replied on Wed, Jan 19 2011 5:02 PM

Hi Adam,

It is indeed a long list.  I want to confirm that TMFbIgain and TMFbPgain are in fact the integral and proportional gain?  Also, I wasn't able to find the amplitude setpoint (the setpoint at which you actually image in the list.)

Thanks for your help,

Dalia

• | Post Points: 12
Top 25 Contributor
29 Posts
Points 319

HI dalia,

I dont knwo how to do it in version 6.13 NS software. The way I do it is open the image in Gwyddion,and use the "Metadata browser" (in "Meta" menu), and look there, the data is displayed alphabetically, and there's a LOT of it in nanoscope files, but you can also save it to a text file for searching!

Pete.

• | Post Points: 10
Top 25 Contributor
29 Posts
Points 341
Bruker Employee

Hi Dalia,

You are correct that the TMFbIgain and TMFbPgain are the intergral and proportional gains, respectively.  Also, the amplitude setpoint is labled TMSetAmplitude. 

Another way to search in version 6.13 for these items is to right click when you are in properties menu and choose "copy text", and then paste this into an editor like Notepad.  You can then use Find to search for parameters.   In more recent versions of software (version 8), you can search within the NanoScope software.

I hope that helps.  Please let us know if you have further questions about this.

Thanks.

John 

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments