The Nanoscale World

STS curve using lock-in amplifier

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
5 Posts
Points 58

Dear all:

Now I am using scanning tunneling microscopy and added lock-in amplifier to get STS curve. I want to reduce noise and get dI/dV curve. I got some help from expert who had used STS about connection of lock-in amplified with STM system. I followed him as shown in attached pdf file, but my STM system does not work properly. I have some problem to operate STM after connection. The software (Nanoscope) always says that tip was engaged from the begining of experiment even the tip was not moved at all. When I turn the toggle switch (from Signal Access Module III, SAM III) of the 'bias' from left (input) to the right (output), the tip moves properly.

My questions are;
1) Is the connection good to use STM and STS? And can I get a dI/dV curve with this connection?
2) Why it always fails to engage the tip with toggle switch 'input'?
3) Which software should I use to get modified curve, Nonoscope or Acquire?
4) If I should use Acquire, which parameter I should choose to get dI/dV curve?
    X axis: I need bias voltage, but software has (Osc Freq, Osc Amplitude, DAC 1-4 voltage, and Digital port)
    Y axis: The need current depend on bias. But there are no current (amp).

Thank you very very much.
Regards,
Ki-Rak Kim

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
288 Posts
Points 3,905
Bruker Employee

Ki-Rak Kim,

It looks like the file you tried to upload remained on your hard drive. You first must upload the file to the NanoScale World, or make it a web link. Here are some instructions on how to do this: http://nanoscaleworld.bruker-axs.com/nanoscaleworld/forums/t/526.aspx

(These instructions are for pictures, but they should work with pdf’s)

Please repost with the attachment.

Thanks,

Steve

• | Post Points: 12
Top 200 Contributor
5 Posts
Points 58

Thank you very much. I did repost my question. Please delete it.

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments