exporting images in nanoscope analysis

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 4 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
17 Posts
Points 200
dalia posted on Tue, Oct 25 2011 12:12 PM

Hi,

Sorry but a quick add on to the last question:  if you want to export multiple channels of the same image in jpeg, how do you do that?  When you export a particular channel, it doesn't let you select a filename, it just selects the image filename.jpg.  So, if you want to then save a different channel with tha timage and try to export that, it just overwrites it since there is only 1 filename from the export menu and it is not channel specific.

Thanks,

Dalia

• | Post Points: 12

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
288 Posts
Points 3,905
Bruker Employee
Verified by dalia

Hi Dalia,

I will answer the question for v1.2, but recommend you immediately upgrade to v1.4.

1.4 has our new image export function which gives you a lot of control of format, scale bar, original pixels, physical size, etc, and is a much better solution, in general, for exporting.

To your question: Is the only way to export a tif/jpeg image from the browse window on an image that has already been saved? 

In 1.2 – Correct, to export from the browse view, the image must be in the file directory – in other word it must be saved.

In 1.4 – you can use the Export Command (coupled Run History feature for multiple files or channels) to export an analysis (which could be applied to an unsaved file(s) in the browse list)

In either case there are a number of format choices (including jpg). Be sure to check the dropdown list in the save window, and all the options when right-clicking.

Also, you can always right click on the processed image (without saving) to export a jpg or bmp, Export -> Screen Display. Again, use the dropdown in the save dialog box.

For your second question: if you want to export multiple channels of the same image in jpeg, how do you do that?

In 1.2, first create a directory structure where each folder is a different channel, select all the files you want to export, right click in the browse window, export, select the channel you want to save, navigate to the correct folder, save, repeat.

In 1.4, you can use the export and run history feature, and the file names will automatically contain the channel (and will not overwrite).

I think this covers your questions. Let me know if not.
Steve

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
288 Posts
Points 3,905
Bruker Employee
Verified by dalia

Hi Dalia,

I will answer the question for v1.2, but recommend you immediately upgrade to v1.4.

1.4 has our new image export function which gives you a lot of control of format, scale bar, original pixels, physical size, etc, and is a much better solution, in general, for exporting.

To your question: Is the only way to export a tif/jpeg image from the browse window on an image that has already been saved? 

In 1.2 – Correct, to export from the browse view, the image must be in the file directory – in other word it must be saved.

In 1.4 – you can use the Export Command (coupled Run History feature for multiple files or channels) to export an analysis (which could be applied to an unsaved file(s) in the browse list)

In either case there are a number of format choices (including jpg). Be sure to check the dropdown list in the save window, and all the options when right-clicking.

Also, you can always right click on the processed image (without saving) to export a jpg or bmp, Export -> Screen Display. Again, use the dropdown in the save dialog box.

For your second question: if you want to export multiple channels of the same image in jpeg, how do you do that?

In 1.2, first create a directory structure where each folder is a different channel, select all the files you want to export, right click in the browse window, export, select the channel you want to save, navigate to the correct folder, save, repeat.

In 1.4, you can use the export and run history feature, and the file names will automatically contain the channel (and will not overwrite).

I think this covers your questions. Let me know if not.
Steve

Top 50 Contributor
17 Posts
Points 200
dalia replied on Tue, Oct 25 2011 9:05 PM

Thanks Steve - that does help. So my next question:  where is the link to 1.4 so that I can upgrade?  :)

Dalia

Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee

The instructions on how to download the latest NanoScope Analysis (currently 1.40) are here: Nanoscope Analysis v140r1 Download Instructions.pdf

Enjoy!

--Bede

Top 25 Contributor
35 Posts
Points 381

Permalink to NanoScope Analysis downloads at MIAWiki:

http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/w/page/42081029/NanoScope%20Analysis%20Download

Cheers,

Dmitry
MIAWiki for Mass Collaboration 

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments