rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
15 Posts
Points 180
fangfang posted on Fri, Nov 18 2011 12:42 PM

Hi,

I am using Dimesion Icon.

I try to measure surface potential. But I never tried before. Do you have any simple and straightforword manual that can help me to get start? The software I am using now is "Nanoscope 8.15R2". There are three types of probes for this measurement ( SCM-PIT, MESP and DDESP). How do I choose the probe?

Another question is about PFQNM- sample kit. I measured two samples: PDMS1 and PDMS2. For PDMS1, the value is 8.8 MPa. For PDMS2, the value is 3.7 MPa. The value for PDMS2 is acceptable. But what happened for PDMS1? I did the calibrations of deflection sensitivity, k and tip radius. I measured samples one by one. If I did something wrong, I couldn't get a right value for PDMS2. I know that the difference between PDMS1 and PDMS2 is supposed to be 1 MPa. But I got about 5 MPa difference. Is it possible that the problem is the sample of PDMS1?

Thank you for your help!

fangfang

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
55 Posts
Points 831
Bruker Employee

Dear Fangfang,

Let me answer your first question: I recommned SCM-PIT probe, it has Pt-Ir coating which has a well defined workfunction. Regarding the procedure, you can find it in the built-in help. Launch Nanoscope (realtime), got to Help->Nanoscope Help, and search for "Surface Potential Dedection Procedure", where it outlines the steps to surface potential measurement.

Regards

Chunzeng

Top 50 Contributor
15 Posts
Points 180

Hello Chunzeng,

Thanks for your answer. I will try next week.

fangfang

• | Post Points: 10
Top 100 Contributor
9 Posts
Points 100

Yes the SCM-PIT is the tip that i have been using for conductive. It seems to be a standard.

Top 100 Contributor
9 Posts
Points 100

Yes the SCM-PIT is the tip that i have been using for conductive. It seems to be a standard for tests that involve voltage.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments