The Nanoscale World

laser alignment in AFM innova bruker

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 12
Ron posted on Thu, Apr 25 2013 1:10 PM

1) I have a problem with laser alignment in vesicles solution. The substrate is gold coated. The problem is that the laser "jumps" and I cannot set it to a constant value.

2) I would like to test the change of the sample with time. But it takes me along time to adjust the device.

Tips will be greatly appreciated.

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

replied on Wed, May 1 2013 11:31 AM

Ron,

What exactly do you mean by "the laser jumps"? If you use a very soft cantilever and your system is e.g. not properly isolated you may see some movement of the cantilever (as judged by the "moving" laser spot). So first I would make sure that my system is stable. Then I would make sure I am not accidently touching the sample with the back of the cantilever, i.e. make sure that the head maybe pointed a tad forward. It may also help that you before placing the head on the stage to add a small droplet of fluid onto the cantilever. This way you avoid potential air bubbles that may cause instabilities. Also, if you liquid at a significantly different temperature that the environment you may see some drift until equilibrium is reached. The Innova is very stable and there shouldn't be any jumps if setup correctly.

What tip are you trying to use?

Stefan

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments